- Represent academic medical centers, hospitals and health systems, physicians and physician groups, laboratories, ambulatory surgery centers, and private equity portfolio health care companies.
- Advise on compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, False Claims Act, civil money penalties provision, professional and facility licensing, Medicare/Medicaid.
- Review, develop, and manage compliance programs.
- Investigate possible non-compliance; draft voluntary self-disclosures.
- Draft, review, and negotiate academic affiliation agreements, professional services agreements, management and call coverage agreements, equipment and space leases, operational services agreements, electronic health record interface agreements and licenses, laboratory services agreements.
- Review and negotiate managed care participation agreements.
- Investigate and respond to payor audits, recoupments, adverse coverage determinations and medical necessity determinations
- Counsel on innovative payment methodologies.
Commercial Contracts & Transactions
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts, master services agreements, memoranda of understanding (MOU), confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), consultant agreements, vendor agreements, staffing agreements, space leases, and licensing agreements.
- Advise on IP implications in commercial contracts.
- Compliance with U.S. and international data privacy requirements.
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance.
- Review and negotiate vendor agreements for data privacy implications.
- Draft and negotiate data protection addendums.
- Review and revise customer facing privacy policies for U.S. and international compliance.
- Draft internal policies and procedures relating to internal data handling, confidentiality, and incident response.
- Performance management.
- Reductions in force.
- Independent contractor agreements.
- Interpretation of Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- ADA, FMLA, Title VII, FLSA, ADEA, wage hour issues.
- Internal investigations of harassment and discrimination, compensation equity, unauthorized outside employment, and conflicts of interest.
- Represent clients in matters before the EEOC and other fair employment agencies.
- Draft, review, interpret, and negotiate employment agreements, restrictive covenants, non-competition agreements, and separation agreements.